This is a pretty cool easter egg type thing I found over on Lifehacker about how to play over 50 old school games from pong to tetris on your Mac right from the terminal app. Its actually pretty simple and fun to do, or at least for me, anytime I do anything in terminal I feel like I'm a hacker. haha You can find the video guide inside the post on how to do it along with the written guide.
1. Open Terminal, you can quickly do so by typing "terminal" in the spotlight search at the top right.
2. Now we have to find out your version number, this will come in handy later. Type this into terminal and then hit enter:
3. Now type the this and hit enter on the next line:
4. Make note of the number you see there, mine is 22.1. Thats the version number that goes along with what OS you are running. We need to know this because different versions dont have all the same games.
5. Now type the line below but replace "VERSION" with the number we just found above and hit enter.
6. Type "ls" again on the next line and hit enter. Now you should see a list of lots of different games you have.
7. Hit Command + N on your keyboard to open a new Terminal window.
8. In the new terminal window type the line below and hit enter:
9. Now you have to press the escape button on your keyboard followed by the X key.
10. You can now type in any of the names of games in the other terminal window to open them. Don't type the extention after the names, just what comes before the period.
11. HAVE FUN!