You can find the downloads, notes, and a written guide inside the post! :)
Snowbreeze 2.3 b1:
Windows - http://www.sendspace.com/file/eyej3e
Mac - (maybe coming soon?
4.3 Firmware: (choose your device)
iPod Touch 3G
iPod Touch 4G
iPhone 3G S
- If you want to unlock your iPhone DO NOT do this jailbreak. Wait for another guide I will post.
- If you get a 1600 error when restoring your device to the custom firmware restore your device to 4.3 and start fresh.
- This is a tethered jailbreak meaning you will have to plug your device up to the computer and run ibooty if you want to turn your device off and back on.
- This will jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3G S, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, and iPad 1
- Sync all your contacts, music and data to iTunes before you do this guide.
- tysiphonehelp is awesome.
How to do the Jailbreak:
1. Update your iTunes to the latest version, download Sn0wbreeze and the 4.3 firmware for your device using the links above.
2. Open Sn0wbreeze and click the blue arrow button to proceed to the next step.
3. Click the browse button and select the 4.3 firmware that you downloaded a few minutes ago. Once its done click the blue arrow to continue.
4. When given the option to select your mode chose expert mode. Next go through the options to set the jailbreak how you want it. Make sure to check "Build IPSW" and the click the start button to begin creating the custom firmware.
5. Once you get the notification saying it is done creating the custom firmware continue on to the next page which will ask you to put your device into DFU mode. This can be done by plugging your device up to your computer and turning it off. Now hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button while continuing to hold the home button for 30 more seconds. If done correctly Sn0wbreeze will tell you to restore in iTunes.
6. Open iTunes and on the tab for your device hold the shift key in while clicking the restore button. You will now have a popup where you will select the custom firmware that Sn0wbreeze created. The firmware will start with Sn0wbreeze and end with .ipsw. Once its done restoring go ahead and close iTunes and you will have a jailbroken iOS 4.3 device! :)
Next step you'll need to know is how to reboot (turn off and on) your device. Heres how to do that...
Booting in Tethered Mode
1. Locate and open up the "iBooty for 4.3" folder on your computer (Sn0wbreeze will add this for you when you jailbreak).
2. Open the iBooty.exe file and select your device from the drop down menu.
3. Before you hit start prepare to put your device into DFU mode by turning it off and plugging it up to your computer. Now hit start and it will count down for 5 seconds so you have time to prepare. Now hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button while continuing to hold the home button for 30 more seconds.
4. iBooty will do its thing and then your device will turn on ready for you to use. Now enjoy your jailbroken device!!
[images via redmondpie]
in 1600 error, 4.3, Guides, Jailbreak, Unlock, Videos, boot rom, cydia, device, firmware, guide, how do i jailbreak, how to, iPad, iPhone, ios, ipad 1, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, ipod touch 3g, ipod touch 4, ipod touch 4g, jailbreak, restore, tethered, tips, tutorial, tysiphonehelp, untethered, windows Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 05:08PM