How to Jailbreak 4.2.1 iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad Untethered! (Windows & Mac) [Update: Now works with Verizon iPhone]
The Greenpois0n Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 is finally here and I have a simple guide for you guys to follow. This now works for Windows and Mac and jailbreaks every device except iPhone 3G and it is untethered. And it now also will Jailbreak the Verizon iPhone! The video above explains everything that you will need to jailbreak your device. All the downloads and other info you will need will be inside this post.
Greenpois0n RC5 beta4: Mac - http://bit.ly/fGp7HL Windows - http://bit.ly/eK3goV
- NOW WORKS WITH THE VERIZON IPHONE!!
- If you have used a previous jailbreak on your 4.2.1 device i suggest you restore your device to factory settings in iTunes before you do this guide. Just make sure you sync everything to your computer before it so you can sync it back once you are done. But DO NOT restore to a backup, this will put everything on your device that you don't want on it.
- works with ALL devices, except iPhone 3G. use redsn0w for that.
- if you have an unlocked iphone 4, DO NOT UPDATE YET.
- will this delete my music and apps? - no.
- if your anti-virus detects that greenpois0n is a virus turn it off and then do this jailbreak. its safe, i promise.
- if you hav any issues when jailbreaking hold the home and power buttons on your device until it reboots.
On with the guide!
1. Download Greenpois0n for your computer. Unzip the file by double clicking on it and open the Greenpois0n app.
2. Plug your device into your Mac via USB and open Greenpois0n.
3. Prepare to put your device into DFU mode. Greenpois0n gives you the steps to do this and will count down for you where the Greenpois0n logo is in the app.
4. Click Jailbreak. Wait 5 seconds and then hold the sleep button for 3 seconds. Without releasing the sleep button press the home button and hold both of those for 10 seconds. Next release the sleep button while still holding the home button.
5. Continue holding the home button. You're device will show a white screen and text will begin scrolling on your device. Once your device starts rebooting you can then release the home button.
6. Now on your device open the Loader app, tap to install Cydia and let it do its thing.
7. Your device is now Jailbroken.