iOS 5 GM (gold mastered) is finally out for developers. What does this mean? Well the iOS GM build is the same software they will release to everyone on the 12th and you don't need a developer account or a jailbreak to activate it. Be aware though, I take no responsibitily if this messes up your device and I did not upload these firmware files. For the download links and guide check inside the post.
Downloads: (via imzdl.com)
iOS 5 GM:
iTunes 10.5 Beta:
(This winodws versions are beta 7, the latest version for windows. I cannot confirm this works!!!)
How To Install:
1. Download the iOS 5 GM version below for your device and save it to your desktop.
2. Download the iTunes beta for you computer. I only have a Mac link right now.
3. Sync everything on your device to iTunes. DO NOT BACK UP OR RESTORE TO BACKUP. (or "YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING" - Voldemort.)
4. Install iTunes beta 9.
5. Plug in your device, go to the tab for your device in iTunes and then hold the Shift or Option key while clicking the restore button in iTunes.
6. Now select the iOS 5 firmware you downloaded earlier.
7. Give it some time to install and you should now have iOS 5 installed on your device. DO NOT RESTORE TO BACKUP, MANUALLY CHECK EVERYTHING YOU WANT SYNCED AND SYNC YOUR DEVICE. :D ENJOY!